So What Causes Rosacea?
According to the National Rosacea society, it is estimated that roughly 78 percent of Americans have rosacea, a skin condition which is mainly characterized by facial redness which consequently turn into tiny, red, and pus-filled bumps like that of acne. Our medical dermatology approach to treating rosacea depends on our professional assessment and evaluation on what causes and triggers such signs and symptoms.
All things considered, what causes rosacea is relatively unknown. You are more likely to get rosacea if:
- it runs in the family
- you are between the ages of 30 and 60, or is within the menopausal stage
- you have fair skin and light hair
Furthermore, the following factors have been thought to trigger the symptoms:
- direct sun exposure
- exposure to extremely hot or cold temperature
- alcohol consumption
- consumption of hot foods and drinks, spicy food items
- ingestion of meds which could dilate blood vessels such as blood pressure medications
- exposure to stress
- frequenting hot baths and saunas
- extreme emotions such as anger, hate, and embarrassment
- strenuous exercises
We noticed that individuals have various experiences when it comes to rosacea triggers. We offer several types of treatments for Rosacea. An initial consultation with Dr. Crowell is your first step to figuring out which treatment approach suits you best.
To schedule an appointment, please call (305) 274-0221 ext. 100 or 125 or visit Miami Cosmetic Derm to learn more!